Friday, November 13, 2009

PART 2 (contd. again )

Ten days after the first robbery, another one happened. On this occasion, the victim was Standard Chartered Bank. Another 110,000 dollars were stolen, with the same denominations. This frenzy of robberies went on for weeks. The New York Stock Exchange was plundering as many foreign investors mainly banks were pulling their investments from New York City. One day after another robbery happened, Lizzie received a call from Chief Inspector Brown.

"Elizabeth, I have something to ask you and your three friends, Could you recommend a good place to meet?" he asked. "Sure. Angelo's Place in Bronx," Lizzie replied. "Alright. Today, 3 o' clock."

It was already 3.30 when the police officer arrived at the restaurant. Herb was sipping on his second strawberry milkshake while Lizzie was busy talking with Angelo about his life in Italy. Johnny and Kim was busy with their Nintendo DSs. "Sorry, kids. I had a meeting to attend," he said while shaking the rain droplets off his umbrella before wiping the rain of his jacket. "What are you going to tell us, sir?" Kim asked while popping a small handful of French fries into his mouth. "Guys, all of you have to help me. I've got my warning letter. If the robbers are not caught by Halloween, I'm finished. So, please help me!" the man pleaded. He then opened his umbrella before walking out from the restaurant.

Back home, Herb did not know what to do to help Chief Inspector Brown. He took his father's diary from a large, old trunk. His father, Robert Naughton was an ex-Marine who served his time in Iraq and died after an assault on his camp. He hoped that he would find motivation and advice through the diary, and hopefully, some clues. As he was flipping through the brown pages of the diary, something caught the attention of his eyes. His father wrote in page:" Dear Diary, today's the eve before our troops' deployment to Iraq. I spent my time with my lovely wife, with my son, Herb still in her womb. I hope to come back quickly to see my baby boy. Unfortunately, my commander called me and told that Larry was sent to an asylum just now. I don't know what's happening to him. He was such a good field commando and friend to me. Maybe his emotions became unstable after his wife died. We went to the same school since preschool. Commander Hawk said that he was sent there because he was starting to cause harm to people. He keeps telling me 'Number 10, Robbie. Always have everything in 10s'. I don't know what he meant since the start."

After reading the diary, he texted Lizzie, Johnny and Kim to go to his house. After examining the diary, Lizzie said, "Herb, you're good in disguising right?" "Yes. But I'm not dressing up like no mad man. NO!" Herb shouted.

(Part 3 & 4 will be posted tomorrow. Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment